Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A rare peek inside an illustrator's process- YOU WILL BE MY FRIEND! by Peter Brown

So my daughter's Open House and Book Fair was tonight at her school and like a good parent I *cough* skipped class and went to that instead.  (Ever tried reasoning with a six year old that you have to miss her event because you have class?  Yeah, I wasn't winning that argument anytime soon, and I could use the night "off" anyway.)  While there, I found and fell in love with a new book for bedtime-

YOU WILL BE MY FRIEND! by Peter Brown


This little charmer, at once funny and visually captivating, had to come home with this second semester graphics tech student...and imagine my delight when I went to the amazon.com page for this book out of curiousity and found a photo blog of Mr. Peter Brown's process in creating the very images I was fascinated with!!   Now I can be even more fascinated and know just what I'm looking at too.  I'm enthralled and educated, and feeling justified in skipping class.  Perhaps that last part isn't such a good lesson, but oh well, it is what it is :P 

Photo blog of the creative process here below the heading Editorial Reviews. 

Has anyone else ever been "naughty" and had something wonderful result? 

No comments:

Post a Comment